Thai Turkey Burger Recipe
Try our recipe for Thai Turkey Burgers for a healthy treat.
– 4 oz lean ground turkey
– 1/8 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 scallion, chopped
– 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp Hoisin sauce
– 1/4 tsp sesame oil
– 1/8 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp oil (corn, flax, soybean, etc.)
– 1 whole wheat bun
– 1 cup fresh broccoli
– 3 whole strawberries
1. Finely chop bell pepper and scallions.
2. In a bowl, combine all burger ingredients, except vegetable oil and bun. Pat mixture into burger, about 1-inch thick. Heat a large, heavy skillet on medium high for 2 minutes, then add oil, coating the pan.
3. Brown the patty for 4 minutes, flip, and cook another 4 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the skillet, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Or, grill over medium fire for 5 to 7 minutes per side.
5. Lightly toast bun while burger cooks. Steam broccoli in steamer or microwave.
6. Enjoy burger with broccoli and strawberries on the side.
If you loved our Thai Turkey Burger recipe and looking for more healthy burger recipes, check out the Curves Nourish Blog. Our Goat Cheese Stuffed Burger & Greek Salad and Bacon Swiss Stuffed Burger & Roasted Sweet Potato Fries are healthy ways to meet your daily protein requirements!