Thai Turkey Burger
Try our recipe for Thai Turkey Burgers for a healthy treat.
– 4 oz lean ground turkey
– 1/8 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 scallion, chopped
– 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp Hoisin sauce
– 1/4 tsp sesame oil
– 1/8 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp oil (corn, flax, soybean, etc.)
– 1 whole wheat bun
– 1 cup fresh broccoli
– 3 whole strawberries
1. Finely chop bell pepper and scallions.
2. In a bowl, combine all burger ingredients, except vegetable oil and bun. Pat mixture into burger, about 1-inch thick. Heat a large, heavy skillet on medium high for 2 minutes, then add oil, coating the pan.
3. Brown the patty for 4 minutes, flip, and cook another 4 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the skillet, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Or, grill over medium fire for 5 to 7 minutes per side.
5. Lightly toast bun while burger cooks. Steam broccoli in steamer or microwave.
6. Enjoy burger with broccoli and strawberries on the side.