Roasted Squash Soup with Hot Turkey & Cheese Wrap
Warm up this winter with this delicious Roasted Squash Soup recipe.
– 1/2 tsp whipped butter
– 6 tbsp low fat cheddar cheese
– 1/4 whole garlic clove
– ginger root to taste
– 1/4 tsp honey
– 1/8 medium onion
– cinnamon to taste
– 3/4 cup butternut squash
– 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 in)
– 1/2 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
– 3 oz rotisserie deli cut white turkey breast
– Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
2. Slice the ends off squash, stand it on one end, and slice the squash in half, lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and place the two halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until it is very tender when pierced with a fork (30 to 60 minutes).
3. After the squash has completed baking, melt butter over medium heat in a heavy saucepan. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add onion, celery, cinnamon, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Once squash has cooled, peel skin or scrape out flesh, chop coarsely, and add squash to pot with onion. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir thoroughly and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
5. Puree soup in a blender and return it to pot. Stir in salt and honey. Serve immediately.
1. Put turkey and cheese on tortilla and place open in the oven until cheese is melted.
2. Fold wrap and enjoy!