Lemongrass Chicken Kebabs
Enjoy a zesty grilled-at-home meal. Double or triple the recipe for a cook-out with family or friends.
- 3 whole boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 6 lemongrass skewers
- 2 lemons
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 3 oz plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 3⁄4 tsp ginger root
- Salt to taste
- 6 whole lettuce leaves
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1⁄2 medium avocado
- 1⁄4 cup hummus
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut chicken breasts into 2-inch pieces. Slice lemons and chop 3 mini peppers – Remaining 9 peppers reserved for kebabs. Set chopped mini peppers aside.
- Place the chicken pieces, lemon slices, and 9 whole mini peppers on lemongrass skewers or stalks, alternating to your liking. Reserve 3 peppers for the yogurt.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chopped bell pepper, ginger, garlic and salt. Mix well.
- Grill kebabs until the chicken is no longer pink and internal temp reads 165°F.
- Spoon equal amounts of yogurt mixture into the lettuce leaves. Wrap the chicken and peppers in the lettuce leaves and serve sauce on the side. Eating the lemon slice is optional.
- Serve with sliced pita, avocado and hummus on the side.