Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Herbs Recipe
The roasted tomatoes in this Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Herbs dish are absolutely delicious!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp herbs de Provence
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
5 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp shallot, minced
1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
2 tbsps wild rice, dry (or your choice of rice)
1. Cook wild rice according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Combine tomatoes with ½ of the olive oil and herbs de Provence in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes to the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast for 7 minutes, stir tomatoes and roast for another 7 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce.
3. While tomatoes are cooking, heat remaining oil in another ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to the oven and roast for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
4. Place skillet that the chicken was in over medium heat. Mince shallot and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with vinegar. Then add tomatoes and their juices and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Slice chicken and place it on a plate. Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with wild rice on the side.
391 calories, 16g fat, 24g carbohydrate, 38g protein.
This recipe is designed for Curves Nutrition Program Phases 1 and 2. For Phase 3, enjoy a side salad with your meal.
High in antioxidants, tomatoes are a great choice for women and can help to combat breast cancer. For more healthy and nutritious recipes with tomatoes, head to the Curves Nourish Blog. Here you’ll find plenty of delicious meal ideas with antioxidant and vitamin-rich tomatoes, like Minestrone Soup, Beef, Black Bean and Tomato Soup, and Whole Wheat Pasta with Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast.