Chicken Curry Chowder
Flavorful curry powder adds a spicy kick to plain chicken chowder. The cilantro brings out the Asian flavors in this dish.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2-3 tsp curry powder (mild)
5 cups broth /stock – vegetable (reduced sodium)
½ cup cilantro, chopped
2 potatoes, cubed
1 carrot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tomato, chopped
black pepper and salt, to taste
2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
20 oz skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion, carrot, and garlic and sauté until tender, approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add flour, curry, and cumin to the pan; stir constantly for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in broth, tomato, and potatoes; bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add chicken, heat long enough to cook through.
6. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Calories 397, 33g Protein, 42g Carbohydrate, 11g Fat and 6g Fiber
Enjoy on Phase 1 or 2 for lunch or dinner