Beef, Black Bean and Tomato Soup
This is a wonderful lunch or dinner recipe. Make it once and eat it throughout the week. Or, share with your family!
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
12 oz black beans, canned, no salt added
16 fl oz vegetable broth, low sodium
4 small tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
2 oz light sour cream
12 oz beef, sirloin, cut into ½ inch cubes
16 oz – tomato sauce, no salt added
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and place on medium heat, sauté beef sirloin to desired doneness.
2. Using a large pot, heat oil on medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions start to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend and soup thickens slightly, about 15 to 20 minutes
5. In a blender, puree soup to desired consistency (leave some chunks for texture. Add cooked sirloin and top soup with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Curves Nutrition Program: Please enjoy on Phase 1 or 2 for Lunch/ Dinner – Calories 374, Fat 10g, Carbohydrate 36g, Protein 38g and Fiber 11.7g