Beef, Black Bean and Tomato Soup Recipe
This Beef, Black Bean, and Tomato Soup dish is a wonderful lunch or dinner recipe. Make it once and eat it throughout the week. Or, share with your family!
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
12 oz black beans, canned, no salt added
16 fl oz vegetable broth, low sodium
4 small tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
2 oz light sour cream
12 oz beef, sirloin, cut into ½ inch cubes
16 oz – tomato sauce, no salt added
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and place on medium heat, sauté beef sirloin to desired doneness.
2. Using a large pot, heat oil on medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions start to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend and soup thickens slightly, about 15 to 20 minutes
5. In a blender, puree soup to desired consistency (leave some chunks for texture. Add cooked sirloin and top soup with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Curves Nutrition Program: Please enjoy on Phase 1 or 2 for Lunch/ Dinner – Calories 374, Fat 10g, Carbohydrate 36g, Protein 38g and Fiber 11.7g
Rich in protein and nutrients that are essential for women’s health, like iron, including moderate amounts of beef in your diet can help you to maintain a healthy, sustainable, and balanced diet. For more delicious recipes and meal ideas, including Beef Skewers with Grilled Corn & Wild Rice, Beef Salad with Cilantro and Arugula, and Cozy Comfort Chili, head to the Curves Nourish blog.