This soup will warm you up on a cool fall day. If fresh pumpkin is available and in season, you can prepare the soup as directed below. If fresh pumpkin is unavailable, you can also use canned pumpkin. If you choose to use canned pumpkin, just eliminate the water in the recipe. Using canned pumpkin makes this soup very fast to prepare. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
2 tbsp butter
6 green onions spring onions
2 garlic cloves
24 oz (700g) pumpkin
2 cubes of low sodium chicken stock
2 cups of water
1/4 cup of cream
1 teaspoon of chives
- Chop onion and mince garlic cloves.
- Peel, seed, and dice pumpkin.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Cook the onion and garlic for a couple minutes until soft.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Puree the mixture in either a food processor or a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle in cream and top with chives.