Lamb with Cherry Glaze
Looking for quick and easy lamb recipes that are nutritious and high in protein? This lamb chop in a delightful cherry glaze is seared to perfection and sure to please the whole family!
- 1 medium potato
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cherries
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- 3 tsp basil
- 2 tsp whipped butter
- 5 oz lamb chops
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Boil and mash potatoes. Set aside.
- Steam asparagus. Set aside.
- Heat cherries in the microwave for 1 minute. Separate the cherries into two bowls. Mash 1⁄2 of the cherries with the back of your fork until smashed and juice is released. Set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Lightly coat lamb chops in the flour mixture.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops and cook 3 minutes per side for medium rare (cook longer if desired). Transfer lamb chops to a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Add onion to the same skillet and sauté for 4 minutes until beginning to brown. Add cherries and bring to a boil until the liquid is slightly reduced and the onion is soft. Stir in half of the basil and cook for one minute.
- Place lamb chop on a plate, top with cherry glaze and sprinkle basil on top. Serve with 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes with 1 tsp butter and 6 asparagus spears.
For more healthy and nutritious recipes, head to the Curves Nourish blog where you’ll find recipes like our Eggplant Stuffed with Lamb, Grilled Chicken with Cabbage and Fennel Pasta and Pan Seared Pork Chop with Wild Rice & Asparagus recipes.