Pan Seared Pork Chop with Wild Rice & Asparagus
This pan seared pork chop marinated in garlic and herbs makes for a quick and easy homecooked meal.
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp chopped parsley
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp divided
- 5 oz pork loin chop
- 0.5 oz dry wild rice
- 12 asparagus spears
- Combine garlic, thyme, parsley, pepper, salt and 1 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl. Run the herb marinade over the pork chop and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté pork tenderloin until browned on the outside and cooked through.
- Cook wild rice according to the package directions.
- Place a steamer insert in a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring water to a boil. Place asparagus spears in steamer insert and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve pork tenderloin with wild rice and steamed asparagus spears.
For information about Curves Nutrition and Weight Management Program, visit https://www.curves.com/programs/nutrition-weight-management#nutrition.