Quick Chicken Nachos
These quick chicken nachos are a simple and fun meal to add to your recipe list. Delicious and versatile – enough to feed the entire family!
- 5 oz boneless/skinless, raw chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- fresh cilantro to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 12 whole corn tortilla chips
- ½ cup cheddar low fat, shredded/grated cheese
- 1/3 cup canned black beans
- 1/4 medium avocado
- Dice chicken breast. Heat a skillet over medium heat and sauté chicken breast until cooked through.
- Top tortilla chips with refried beans, shredded chicken, and shredded cheese. Heat in the toaster oven or microwave until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile make pico de gallo – dice tomato, onion and jalapeño. Combine with cilantro and garlic powder to taste. Let sit in the fridge while nachos finish cooking.
- When done, remove chips from microwave or toaster oven. Top with pico de gallo. Garnish with avocado or mash for a dip.