Asparagus Stuffed Fish Recipe
Try this seafood with a twist! Served with brown rice, this Asparagus Stuffed Fish recipe is a healthy and delicious dinner option.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp medium bell pepper
1 1/2 tbsp medium onion
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
6 oz (170g) sole
5 whole asparagus spears
1/2 oz (15g) Swiss cheese
1 tsp bread crumbs
3 tbsp dry brown rice
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium saucepan heat ½ tsp olive oil. Add chopped pepper and chopped onion and cook for 7-10 minutes. Add minced garlic, paprika and salt and sauté an additional two minutes.
- Lay fish on a work surface. Sprinkle asparagus with cheese. Top with vegetables. Roll fish around the filling and secure with a toothpick or two.
- Drizzle rolls with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and flaky, about 15-17 minutes. Squeeze with lemon juice before serving.
- Meanwhile cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Enjoy stuffed fish with brown rice! Each serving calls for ½ cup cooked brown rice.
Fish like sole are low in fat and high in quality protein, along with vitamins B2 and D, plus it’s a great source of calcium and minerals, such as iodine, iron, magnesium potassium, and zinc. For more tasty fish recipes and meal ideas, like our Fresh Fish Tacos, Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce, and Salmon Quinoa Salad, head to the Curves Nourish Blog.