Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Try our version of a healthy and savory Pesto Shrimp Pasta!
- 1 oz mushrooms
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 6 oz shrimp
- 1⁄2 whole medium tomato
- 2 oz dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain spaghetti.
- Warm a nonstick skillet over medium heat and sauté mushrooms and chopped tomato in pesto. When mushrooms have softened, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink, turning once, and add tomato sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.
2 oz whole wheat spaghetti = 1/2 cup dry = 1 cup cooked; 1 1/4 oz mushrooms = 1/2 cup; 1/2 whole tomato = 1/2 cup chopped; 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese = 1/8 cup.