A simple, yet flavorful Chicken Pho soup!
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 whole clove
- 1⁄3 whole star anise
- 1⁄6 of medium onion
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 11⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup rice noodles
- 2⁄3 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1⁄2 tbsp lime juice
- Sliced jalapeno pepper
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 9 whole cashews
- In a large saucepan combine the chicken breast, spices, onion, and ginger.
- Add the water and chicken broth then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth into another saucepan and reserve the chicken breast. Simmer the soup for 10-15 minutes to concentrate the broth flavor.
- Add the noodles according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken with your fingers or with fork. Place chicken and noodles into bowl and ladle the broth over. Garnish with remaining ingredients. Serve cashews on the side.
For information about Curves Nutrition and Weight Management Program, visit https://www.curves.com/programs/nutrition-weight-management#nutrition.