Shrimp with Roasted Lemon and Garlic Over Farro Recipe
This Shrimp with Roasted Lemon and Garlic Over Farro recipe is a protein-packed dish that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. You may substitute brown rice or whole wheat couscous for the farro, which is commonly used in Tuscan and Northern Italian cooking.
– Cooking spray
– 1/2 whole lemon
– 1 whole garlic clove
– Thyme – fresh, to taste
– 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
– 6 oz shrimp
– 1/4 cup farro – dry
– 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thinly slice lemon and garlic cloves. Place the lemons, garlic, and thyme in the dish and stir to mix. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice grape/cherry tomatoes in half. Peel, devein, and clean shrimp.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and add the tomatoes and shrimp. Cook an additional 8-10 minutes, stirring once, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook farro according to package instructions.
- Remove the dish from the oven, drizzle with the oil and serve with the farro.
Per serving: 397 calories. 11g fat. 38g protein. 3.5g fiber.
Curves Nutrition Program: Phase 1 & 2 – Enjoy as is! Phase 3, add a slice of warm bread and side salad.
For more healthy and protein-packed recipes with shrimp, like our Shrimp Asparagus Kebabs over Quinoa with Side Salad, head to the Curves Nourish Blog.