Benefits of Strong Arms, Core and Legs
For fitness from head to toe, the Curves circuit does the job! It strengths every major muscle group in your body. If you want to turn up the toning, consider the Arms, Core, and Legs Class* which provides an extra boost to—you guessed it—your arms, core, and legs, with added strength moves that you’ll do between machines.
Here are nine reasons why you might just want that extra boost.
For Your Arms
They do so much for you. Do this class for them.
1. Prevent the hunch. Most women store stress in their arms and shoulders. A stressful event equals the classic shoulder hunch. You want arms that are both strong and flexible.
2. Make lifting and carrying easier. When you have strong arms, everything you do with them—hauling groceries, picking up your grandkids, shoveling snow—becomes easier.
3. Tone your arms. Come to this class consistently and follow a healthy nutrition plan to help tone and sculpt your upper arms.
For Your Core
Simply said, a strong core is your common denominator of strength.
4. Stand (and walk) steady on your feet. A strong core provides 360 degrees of support for better balance.
5. Make everything easier. Your core is at the center of body movement. Whether you bend forward or backward, to the left or to the right. Rotate left, rotate right, your core is involved. A strong core helps you pick up the package that was delivered to your door, get up from a chair, and did we say shovel snow?
6. Help beat back pain. Not only do weak back muscles make you vulnerable to lower back problems, weak abs can set you up for strain. By strengthening the entire circuit of muscles around your middle—front, sides, and back—you can prevent one of the most common complaints.
7. Enjoy a slimmer silhouette. By strengthening your core muscles and following a healthy nutrition plan, you can tighten your tummy. In addition, a strong core improves your posture, and when you stand taller, you look thinner.
For Your Legs
Oh the places you’ll go with strong legs.
8. Avoid or alleviate arthritis of the knee. Strong quads (front of the thighs) and hamstrings (back of the thighs) help to support your knees and take stress off the joints, which can not only help prevent arthritis and injuries to the knee but also relieve some of the pain if you have arthritis.
9. Play better. Strengthen your legs and you’ll be game for a game of kickball with your grandkids or to run a 5K for breast cancer or ski down a mountain. When you are fit from head to toe, a world of fun and adventure is open to you. Let the Curves Arms, Core, and Legs Class help you get there.
The Curves women’s gym workout is convenient, combining strength training and cardio plus stretching – all in just 30 minutes – to strengthen your whole body. For more information about Curves and the full body workouts the Curves Circuit provides, visit ‘Why Curves’.
*Scheduled at participating locations only.