Vegetable Frittata with Pita Bread Recipe
A fresh recipe like this is the perfect way to usher in spring. With spinach, corn, and onion, get your fill of veggies in this flavorful Vegetable Frittata with Pita Bread Recipe!
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 cups chopped bell pepper
– 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
– 1/2 cup chopped green onion
– 4 large egg whites
– 2 medium eggs
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper*
– 4 cups clean, fresh spinach
– 4 oz goat cheese
*You can substitute paprika or Aleppo pepper, a Middle Eastern flake pepper.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a nonstick ovenproof pan with vegetable spray. Add the oil. Sauté the peppers 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the corn and the onion, sauté until cooked, and remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the whole eggs. Add the salt and black pepper.
- Return the pan with the vegetables to the heat. Add the spinach and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and distribute the vegetables evenly.
- Place the goat cheese on the frittata and put the pan in the oven.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until set and golden brown. Sprinkle with more black pepper. Cut in 6 wedges and serve.
Per serving: 319 calories, 13.7 g fat, 31.1 g carbohydrates, 5.8 g fiber, 20.5 g protein
Curves Nutrition Program: Enjoy for Breakfast on Phase 1,2 or 3.
This Vegetable Frittata with Pita Bread dish is one of many healthy and nutritious recipes you’ll find on the Curves Nourish Blog. For more delicious and meat-free recipe options, check out our Black Bean Tortilla Soup and Scrambled Eggs with Thyme and Mushrooms recipes.