Orange-Ginger Carrot Soup with Grilled Cheese
Try this comfy Grilled Cheese with a twist by combining it with Orange-Ginger Carrot Soup.
- 10 oz water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 raw Carrots (6 inch)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 oz nonfat, plain Greek Yogurt (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 oz reduced fat Mexican blend Cheese
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion 8 to 10 minutes, or until translucent and tender. Add the chopped carrots and ginger and sauté 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water, 1 oz orange juice, 1/8 tsp. zest from an orange (optional) and salt. Simmer about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and flavors have melded. Allow to cool a few minutes, then puree in a blender or food processor. Return to the pot to reheat.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, orange zest, and cumin.
- Heat sauté pan on medium high heat, spray with pam.
- Place one slice of bread in pan, sprinkle with cheese, add sliced half tomato and top with second slice of bread.
- Cover with a pan lid to keep heat in and brown; turn sandwich over and brown on second side.
- Cut into four triangles and serve with soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top each portion with a tablespoon of the yogurt mixture.