4 Delicious Recipes for Breakfast
What are you eating for breakfast? Remix your morning with one of these dynamite recipes that will deliciously jumpstart your day.
Cinnamon Pear Parfait
3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/2 cup Fiber One® cereal
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 medium pear, sliced
1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
5 pecans, chopped
Layer all ingredients in a glass and enjoy!
Vegetable Frittata and Pita
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/6 cup corn
1/4 medium green bell pepper, diced
2 green onions (scallions), diced
2 large egg whites
1/2 large egg
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1/8 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 whole wheat pita
1. Coat a nonstick ovenproof pan with vegetable spray. Add oil, and sauté the peppers for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add corn and onion, sauté until cooked, remove from the heat.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with the whole egg. Add the salt and black pepper.
3. Return the pan with vegetables to the heat. Add spinach and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and distribute the vegetables evenly. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and place in the oven. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until set and golden brown. Sprinkle with black pepper.
4. Serve with 1/2 pita.
Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
2 scoops Curves® Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup unsweetened frozen cherries, pitted
Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
1/4 medium onion, diced
1/4 medium potato, peeled
1/4 cup medium tomato, diced
2/3 cup egg substitute
3 tbsp low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 wheat tortilla (8 inches)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cut potato into 1-inch pieces, add to pot and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
2. Warm a skillet over medium heat and spray the pan with cooking spray. Add diced onion and cubed potato. Let cook until the onion is softened and the potato is warm throughout. Stir in diced tomato and pour in egg substitute, stirring to scramble. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and wrap in tortilla.